Johnny Adams is . . .
- A folk music performer with the old swan band, ryburn
3 step, chris coe, our northern branch
- A freelance sound recordist and audio post production
editor - available for low budget and sometimes no budget productions.
- A researcher into social dance music of the 18th and 19th
centuries with The Village Music Project
- Presently Chair of the Ryburn 3 Step folk music development project in West Yorkshire.
- The coordinator of a support group for the archive of
the well regarded folklorist and collector Doc Rowe.
- Director of the Paul Graney Archive Project, soon to be an online audio
archive of recordings made in the NW of England in the 50's, 60's &
70's as part of a larger project.
- Director of Folkopedia, a
new and growing online folk encyclopedia
- A local radio broadcaster with a folk show on Phoenix
FM in West Yorkshire
- From 1998 - 2008 on the National Council of the English
Folk Dance and Song Society where he was also a trustee of the vaughan
williams memorial library and its home, cecil sharp house
- A folk recording artist and producer with an extensive
discography to his credit